We are a private organization for Tai Chi and related studies. If you are either:
1) A person in need of help for a specific health issue and you have not experienced the relief you seek...or
2) An individual who knows the value of quality guidance in the internal arts of Tai Chi (taiji), Pa Kua (bagua), Hsing I (xingyi) or Liou He Ba Fah (liuhebafa) and simply wishes the best education possible...
All others need not apply as both space and time are limited. You do not need to have experience to study here, but you do need to be serious.
Now, making their home in Las Vegas, are two of the Nation's top teachers. Studies of Tai Chi (TaiJi), Chi Kung (qiqong), Meditation, Chinese Tui Na (therapeutic massage) and all other associative studies such as Hsing I (XingYi), Pa Kua (Bagua) and Liou He Ba Fah (Liuhebafa) are all available.
This is an Exclusive Organization for Adults Only.
Through the proper study of Tai Chi and the internal arts, along with philosophy and expert qualified guidance, you can take charge of your own health. You can live pain free with abundant energy. You can acquire the knowledge, personal power and peace of mind in order to free yourself from the chiropractors, physical therapists, massage therapists, body workers, etc. in your life.
We have been professional providers since 1978. Because of our vast experience, we are completely confident that you can indeed see profound results. And we will be happy to meet with you for a free consultation to see if our method is a fit for your circumstance or unique need.
See this VIDEO CLIP for an overview of our programs.
Shrfu Mike Patterson and Shrmu Andrea Cheng are two former coaches of World Team U.S.A. and they are now bringing their knowledge and expertise to the Las Vegas valley. At 56 years of age, Mike Patterson has been involved with the arts for 48 years. At 52 years of age, Andrea Cheng has been involved with the arts for 33 years. There is simply NOBODY more qualified to assist and guide you in the Las Vegas Valley. If you have ever thought of studying Tai Chi, the internal arts or their related disciplines in any capacity, this is the Institution for you.
We offer private, customized one on one training programs to help you realize your goals.
Assistance through us also includes both personal coaching (in work/business, diet, interpersonal relationships and general life) plus A.I.M. (Applied Integrative Motion) Therapy to identify and mitigate what learned patterns or daily stressors may be contributory to exacerbation and/or irritation of the issue(s)/imbalances being experienced. There are no other teachers that are able to utilize this approach. It is our own trademarked methodology and the product of decades of research and experience by the two of us in a professional setting.
Your training with us is completely confidential. Stop wasting time with those less capable. Contact us and start achieving your goals of better health, balance and vitality.
Email us today through the contact link (or phone us if preferred) at the top of the page and we will be happy to send you a PDF file with all details relating to study.
Tai Chi study has been well documented in the last decade in effectively addressing many types of health issues in the body. Through our extensive experience, and our ability to draw from other Chinese therapeutic disciplines, Kinesiology and Applied Integrative Motion Therapy, we have a proven track record of being able to help people with many, many issues:
Fibromyalgia - Type 2 Diabetes - Arthritis - Bursitis - Ankylosing Spondylitis - High Blood Pressure - Hypertension - Anxiety - Depression - Stroke Rehabilitation - Pain Management for Lower Back, Hip, Knee, Shoulder, Elbow, ankles, wrists - Circulatory Problems - Digestive Disorders such as IBS- Sleep Disorders - Coordinative Balance Issues affecting Gait due to Parkinson's, etc. - general body weakness - lethargy - to name a few common ones. See the complete current list on our A.I.M. Therapy page.
AND proper Tai Chi training has recently been linked to regenerative benefits through stem cell stimulation.
There is so much more in potential IF the teacher is thoroughly acquainted with the methods found in these arts and has the requisite experience in dealing with such issues.
But MAKE NO MISTAKE. The study of tai chi and internal arts is an exact science and you DO NEED a qualified expert to teach you.
Many martial arts school owners and individuals have jumped onto the "tai chi bandwagon" in the last decade or so as the art form has become more widely known in the U.S. for its numerous benefits. But not all instructors are created equal and many lack the necessary experience and expertise to truly help you. You need to be aware of this fact and be able to make a discerning choice. For just as proper movement and training can benefit you... so improper movement and training can have the opposite effect. "Knowing" Tai Chi and truly understanding this art are two very different states of being...
SO HOW DO YOU CHOOSE A GOOD TEACHER OR SCHOOL?
This is not easy when you have no point of reference. But here are a few points to consider:
1) Tai Chi is a complete and complex discipline therefore experience matters. A long tenure in the art is required to truly understand to a point where you can effectively teach others. We have over 75 years of experience between the two of us.
2) The kinetic principles of Tai Chi movement are different than what are found in other art forms... I.E. Karate, ShaoLin Kungfu, Brazilian Jujitsu, MMA (mixed martial arts), etc. So a person/school that claims to teach other things along side is likely not what you're seeking. Such other art forms are in direct conflict to the methods taught within the Tai Chi discipline. We teach you the science of motion, kinetics and physics within Tai Chi.
Only other internal art forms, such as Xingyi (hsingi) or Bagua(pakua) or Liou He Ba Fah, share the same kinetic principles. So it is best to find an internal arts specialist to study these disciplines. We both grew up in the internal arts of Taiwan. We are not hobbyists. We are consummate professionals of these disciplines.
3) Movement matters. A good instructor should not be adverse to demonstrating their OWN movement to you. The movement structure should appear both effortlessly fluid and strong. This should be evident throughout the performance in terms of body integrity. If the movement appears stiff in any way, look elsewhere. Besides the clip on this page, you may find additionial video clips of our movement on our sister website hsing-i.com
4) A good teacher should be able to clearly explain and demonstrate simple "proofs" of the principles of Tai Chi. If they cannot easily and immediately find the words or the example, they probably do not truly know. Besides our regular students, we are also teachers of teachers. We have produced over 40 best selling internal arts instructional videos and are best selling authors on the subject. You may find all of these products on our sister website hsing-i.com within our online store.
Let us share with you a few of our perspectives on the key aspects of the Chinese Internal Kung Fu form of Tai Chi (TaiJi)... By following the links at the top of the page, you will be led to in-depth information on each of the aspects regarding this amazing internal martial art.
To schedule your free consultation, contact us Today! Go to the contact link at the top of the page and send us your inquiry.
Or, if preferred, you may leave us a phone message at the number you see at the top of the screen and we'll get back to you at our earliest opportunity.
The Longest Journey Starts With A Single Step. Start Walking Today!